Echo rippled running water leaping,
Baize of loosely littered emerald rocks,
Spilling grass margins as light winds sweeping,
Chimes loose from swaying dandelion clocks,
Timeless summer stretches long dappled paths,
There to lure explorers along their way,
Birdsong floats abroad sunlit scented wafts,
Of pure excitement drifting through the day,
Gently teasing hair, skin, fur, feather leaf,
Bringing forth the hint of a balmy night,
Stoking stars strewn above the fires beneath,
Where shadows dance around flickering light,
The winds of Summer travel far and wide,
'Till they become gentle sighs breathed outside.
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Summer Winds by Anthony Di'anno )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran