Teenage Romance is hitting me… again
Seems like not that long ago
I didn’t give 2 shits about romance
Other then the appreciation
“That I Courtney Redmond was in a relationship
And getting some ass”
From a guy that truly loved me for me
Sex is nice, well if I would get it on the regular
Then I could write more on it
But I can’t.
I can only say with pride
That I’m a virgin
Who reads too many romance novels
And dreams of a romance that will last for all time.
I’m such a teenager… I need a life.
I need to get laid too…. Soon
Well I think I can make it for a while
But the only thing that makes it all worthwhile
Is that I’m clean… there ain’t no bugs on me
Says the puppy in me.
I need to move on from the romance days
And into the new
No more living in the sex crazed world of others
And into the world of focusing on school
And career…. Then *poof* live on.
Being single isn’t as bad as people make it seem
Its fun most of the time
Till the dreaded Valentines day comes
Or the couple of the week meets and puts their lips together
And eww I don’t even want to talk about it anymore.
I need a drink after all this teenage romance stuff
It’s all for the birds… well more the love birds.
Girls here’s a hit how about instead of a guy
How about you get a dog.
More reliable I say on certain matters.
I hate being a teenager… might as well shoot myself
For all the drama in romance.
But hey what else would I have to hide from
Other then myself.
Courtney Redmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teenage Romance by Courtney Redmond )
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Separating Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Subsequent Melody, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- The Catalyst, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- To Miss You, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Anderson, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Southward Bound, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Breathless Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 1969, Angela K Brown
- Immortal Men, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)