The Battle Never Won
'After crossing every obstacle in our life, we realize that true suffering lies ahead.'
I struggle, oh yes I do
I see sun shine over other lives
It helps others when it's my soul
that for light strives..
Darkness covers my eyes
tears forget to swim,
moon bothers not to appear
I cant blame him.
The twinkling stars run away
in search of light
the golden ball of fire
sweeps all from my side
And I am left alone,
with my life cold and dull
it has gone astray
God has put me in a lull
As time washes happy moments
grief is swept away too
the ball of fire seems
to have bid the world adieu
So my exam is finished
as i lie beneath the sun,
"That was quick", I said
"And small a battle to be won."
But alas! How wrong I was
I glanced at the setting sun.
Darkness drowned my smile
The battle had never begun.
Mugdha Khedkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Battle Never Won by Mugdha Khedkar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem, John Gray
- Labor as a Tulip, Karen Volkman
- Sprig of Lilac, Hyam Plutzik
- O Foreigner Girl, Say You What Is My Rel.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cold, Luo Zhihai
- LOVE STORY, Eugene Latumbo
- Wild cock and hen., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My name, gajanan mishra
- It Was 1986 When I Started Writing In En.., Bijay Kant Dubey