The Frog And The Swan
The swan had flown away,
Far away to the west,
Far away from the east,
Found a place to stay,
With another young swan,
To fill the heart,
Which had always been in dismay.
Forgotten about the frog,
The one who was once a friend,
The shoulder to cry on,
The ear to shout on,
But now it’s all gone.
The swan found a new home,
A home in a special place,
A place way further away from the frog.
And now the frog's down,
Couldn't hunt down flies,
Only sit down quietly on a special rock,
Where memories they come,
From all corners.
Caught the frog in a dream.
The frog turned dumb,
Mouth was sealed,
Eyes dropped dead,
Because a lot of things were better left unsaid.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Frog And The Swan by Zakk Astoria )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Turned by a wave, Mark Heathcote
- I Am A Robot, You Are A Robot And We Two.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey