The lake is still
The lake is still,
It’s frozen in time,
There is nothing that stops this,
Not even sunshine.
Nature stops and waits for its beginning,
Everything is silent,
Even the animals sleeping.
The scenery is white,
As well as the day,
The evening is calm,
And the snow shall lay.
Everything is covered,
Nothing is untouched,
Life is smothered.
The sights are beautiful,
The days are cold,
This time is wonderful,
Eventually summer will unfold.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The lake is still by jimmy racine )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)