The Lonely Moon
In a field full of stars,
The lonely moon shone.
Looking down on his kingdom,
Wondering where it went wrong.
'There are so many stars.
So why am I the only moon?
I shall try to find another,
Lonely, lonely moon.'
He travelled far and wide,
And came one day to a lake.
He glanced sadly down,
And saw another moon's face.
To him it wasn't a reflection,
It was his soulmate.
But when he tried to touch he face,
He found that she was seperate.
Trapped beneath the water,
And one day the drought came.
The moon and water vanished,
Trickling down the drain.
So the lonely moon,
Went back to the sky.
Where he spent his days,
Crying bitterly, 'Why? '
'Why am I the only one?
It just isn't fair.
The stars have billions of friends.'
And he looked up at the heavens and glared.
But that morning, at dawn,
Up came the sun.
She smiled sadly and told him,
'I too am the only one.'
They spent their days together,
Taking turns to watch the Earth.
The lonely moon gave thanks to God.
'Thank you for sending her! '
'Now I am not lonely,
For I'm not the only one.
I have my greatest friend,
The golden yellow sun! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Lonely Moon by Amy Darnbrook )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak