The Selfish Cosmonaut
Closer to death so far in black
Floating in my suited shield.
What no man should see
A storm of bewilderment.
Can't they see the sun
Cascading tears of joy,
Shock and awe.
To kiss the sky; surely
View from golden towers
Looking down from heaven.
Shed of reality, don't cry.
Yet more beautiful,
This must be what heaven
Even from the eyes of an atheist;
I saw heaven.
Here at the brink of everything,
Now back inside to dine on air.
Alec Witthohn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Selfish Cosmonaut by Alec Witthohn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma