The Selfish Cosmonaut
Closer to death so far in black
Floating in my suited shield.
What no man should see
A storm of bewilderment.
Can't they see the sun
Cascading tears of joy,
Shock and awe.
To kiss the sky; surely
View from golden towers
Looking down from heaven.
Shed of reality, don't cry.
Yet more beautiful,
This must be what heaven
Even from the eyes of an atheist;
I saw heaven.
Here at the brink of everything,
Now back inside to dine on air.
Alec Witthohn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Selfish Cosmonaut by Alec Witthohn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi