Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
Hall of Universal Peace
This midnight bids farewell to parting year
Who then, on chariot Time, his seat vacates.
The New Year succeeds him as Charioteer:
To drive us on, he's waiting at our gates.
But OURS the choice of paths and destinations:
The Charioteer obeys but our instructions.
We must, to reach the most coveted station
Of PEACE, choose well-lit roads sans obstructions.
Such routes are those of Friendship, Love, Compassion,
Justice, Pardon, Truth and Selflessness.
The dingy lanes of Greed, Envy, Passion,
And Conflict lead to woe and sleeplessness.
Let's ask the New Year, within time minimal
To drive us to a common rendezvous.
Let's there construct the Hall of Universal
Peace, each person laying a brick or two.
Let it have Equality-spelling shape -
The rotund one that God has given the world.
Its doors with COLOURLESS curtains let us drape
And let a HUELESS flag be unfurled.
Every year, let's add a storey more;
Let its height increase step by step
Till, at last, the threshold of its door
Is face to face with our Heaven's doorstep.
This Heaven-on-Earth - man's own creation -
Who helps to build of his own volition,
Won't he find, after life's duration,
Into Heaven above sure admission?
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hall of Universal Peace by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
- Stories, Frank Avon
- Out of Water, Marie Ponsot
- Prerogative, Menkato Awomi
- A Muse of Water, Carolyn Kizer
- I Will Not Bow, Ivan Christabel Prashant
- Go for a Walk, Ima Ryma
- Water Island, Howard Moss
- Only witness, gajanan mishra
- My Life, Ivan Christabel Prashant
- 수원 ANMA☞０１０▼５９３３▼０４３７☜수원 ANMA, zczx zxczxc
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Nettles, Vernon Scannell
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)