The thing of wonder
Thou wert a thing of wonder
In a swath of silver light.
Were thou not torn asunder
Thou’d still be shining bright.
In this sober age, when men
Look for things more basic and mundane
Thou danced and flickered before them
In eerie, fabulous forms
Of translucent multi-coloured light,
That dazed pupils and dulled minds
Numbed by the monotony of whirring, cycling existence,
Awoke to new life
Rejoicing in the new-found joy of lost romance
And fabled fantasy.
When thou sat opposite to me
Eyeing me with that gaze of triple wonder:
Mystery, love and enchantment,
Little did thou know
How my own eyes absorbed
Those radiating beams
And those beams,
Like currents ran through
Pulse, head and heart
Into a state
Of tremulous, electrified excitement.
Bliss it was, yes.
I’ll say nothing more
That now no more are the days
And their daily events
In loving detail
In the album of my memory,
Now again they fly in a haze.
Sadia Arman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The thing of wonder by Sadia Arman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA
- try sipping this, RIC S. BASTASA
- the reason why i am still a part of you, RIC S. BASTASA