The Village Poet
i am a child of the word.
conceived by the union of paper and pen,
formed and created by the words that take shape,
in poetry and literature's cultured and timely escape.
i am a child of the music,
created by the rhythm that gives life to blues,
forming my soul from nothingness,
shaping it to all soulful righteousness.
i am a child of the art,
Matured and nurtured by the strokes,
of the artist's brush on canvas with paint,
giving my life colour and culture not faint.
i am a child of the creative mind,
conceived in between insanity and earthly genius,
between all the arts in time and passionate love making,
i am the village poet born and bred, brewed and nurtured:
yours for the taking.
Barak Al'Mondia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Village Poet by Barak Al'Mondia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Blue Fly, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Hunkered Down With Memories, Lonnie Hicks
- ODESSA. UKRAINE., human woman
- THAT FACE ذلك الوجه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Looking Upon Us, Naveed Akram
- Sweet Valentine, Lara A. Aqrawi
- No Reins, Lauren B Called
- Nothing like IT, george albot
- Prayer to the Father, David Lessard