If only I knew more words,
or understood the cause,
behind my defeated form,
or lack of expression?
the world never really
looks like anything other
than what it actually resembles,
sometimes, just some ugly old thing,
belching out smoke and oozing pus,
the river has it's moments,
near Victoria Bridge,
whenever I cross it,
for a time,
makes me think I'm destined...
which is short lived...
with my Camera slung haphazardly
over one shoulder,
I always feel guilty about it,
but that there has to be
some moment out there,
people look at the big black body of
my SLR with a great deal of suspicion,
pervert, photo freak, pretentious shit!
he just wants to catch us at it...
and in my mind I train and retrain it,
or fixate on places that people
seem to feel their sense of being,
but I won't just klik away
for the sake of it!
as I want to enter the almighty bubble,
of everything, as it is, sitting still,
as the vacuum of time,
has no equal!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time captured by GRANT FRASER )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Frederick George Scott
(7 April 1861 – 19 January 1944)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)