Truly I Wish
I have never been in love with someone as much I loved you. In reality you were so nice to me, so caring. I know we lost our way in certain moments as in certain moments I did not understand you and at times even you did not understand me. Depth of my love was so deep for you and even you know very well that I never wanted to hurt you.
At moments I think I did fail in letting my true feelings of love be known to you. When I did confess my love the reciprocation of it was not done in a manner which would have proved to be positive for us. It will not be wrong to express that you were always afraid to love me. Although, reality is that I never did fear anything when it came to expressing my love to you.
My love even turned into deep obsession since I was madly in love with you. In this whole world nothing meant more to me than you. Why did we break away like this that all the love faded all of a sudden? Our love was so strong that nothing could set us apart and that feeling was so amazing.
I prefer to end my verses now since the end was not what I wanted it to be. If the ending was sweeter then my life would have been much nicer and worth loving. Without you, I am so depressed that not having you as part of my life truly hurts my soul. Truly, I wish that your love was still mine.
Rohit Sapra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Truly I Wish by Rohit Sapra )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes