Anthony John Oliveros
Wake Up People
I hate seeing animals hurt
I don't want to see them punished
It kills me up inside
It suffocates my soul
My conscience is exploding
I really hate this part!
I don't want to see them in pain
Nor abused by fools
They never realized how much they've struggled
For the survival of life
If you see a bird in a cage
And mourns all day
What would you feel?
What can you say
If you will see what I see?
Seeing kittens being punished by hot waters
When you know they are pure
When you know they are sinless?
When you see a cat
Staring closely at you
She wanted to go near
But afraid if she'd be hurt, too
What will you do?
Attached on frames
Reminds me of my childhood days
Butterflies made me happy
And washed my problems away!
I hate people who pretend that they know everything
Well in fact they are ignorant
To what's really happening!
Wake up people
Anthony John Oliveros's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wake Up People by Anthony John Oliveros )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards