A cossack firing squad
Each round an anxiety
No ceasefire could quell.
Hold whiskey anesthetic
With all the precision that brings.
Cut blind at dirty
Hastily sewn shut.
Refugee camps line the pavement
Like plaques left to commemorate
The wounded and the damned.
The spring sunshine stands tall
The time when kings leave their kingdoms
March out towards battles on battles.
Red Army retreat meets indifferent fire;
Sensuous mass of limbs move,
Her voice cracking no quarter.
Again, I'm on the rack
A glutton for punishment,
My joints too close together, anyway.
Loose lips sink ships
I sing like a bird
The sick moon,
In her wisdom
Igniting her pale beauty.
Her grey pallor
Like a ghost
Gone to haunt.
Tyler Wilcox's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waterloo by Tyler Wilcox )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo
- A Young Girl Is A Source of Inspiration,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- nose dive, jerome moore
- a piece of apple browning and skin peeli.., jerome moore
- Wounded Roses Sing by I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- to woo, Zmz Gbzn
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey