Christina Georgina Rossetti
What Is Pink?
What is pink? a rose is pink
By the fountain's brink.
What is red? a poppy's red
In its barley bed.
What is blue? the sky is blue
Where the clouds float through.
What is white? a swan is white
Sailing in the light.
What is yellow? pears are yellow,
Rich and ripe and mellow.
What is green? the grass is green,
With small flowers between.
What is violet? clouds are violet
In the summer twilight.
What is orange? why, an orange,
Just an orange!
Christina Georgina Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Pink? by Christina Georgina Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- To Run From Fun, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- True Love?, Jesus James Llorico
- Email Hell, Death is Less Painful, LUVinThe NOW
- Hope and fear helpless, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Truth eventually, Tom Squires
- The unknown woes of the old, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To Death, Susmit Panda
- O'er a summer's night, Hirotsugu Daba
- A Quiet End, Kathy Liu
- Thirty-Three Thousand Defeats, Jeff Gangwer