What lies underneath the layers of this make believe world?
where thruth finds and crawls its ferocious way
What lies underneath the layers of this made belive existance?
where the smallest bit of distraction takes over one's circulation
making the brain flow with stagnant energy
What lies underneath the layers of words?
Words become sounds in air
mediocracies that only exercise the lips
What lies underneath feelings
that exorcise all hatred
giving harmony to life.
Jack Rivas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What lies by Jack Rivas )
- A Father's Miscarriage, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Howling From Tomorrow, Steven Rhoads
- Manhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LOVE IS A DELICATE THING, Marcus McKinley
- Beaming Bolts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's only human, Priscilla Stalker
- October...come she will., Roxanne Dubarry
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns