When I Was Younger
When I was younger
I'd put my arms in my shirt and told people I lost my arms.
I would restart the video game whenever I knew I was going to lose.
Slept with all the stuffed animals as a child so none of them got offended.
I had that one pen with 4 colors, and tried to push all the buttons at once.
I poured soda into the cap and acted like I were taking shots.
The hardest decision was choosing which Nintendo game to play.
I would wait behind a door to scare someone, then left because they're taking too long.
I faked being asleep, so I could be carried to bed.
I used to think that the moon followed my car.
I watched two drops of rain roll down window and pretended it was a race.
I went on the computer just to use Paint.
The only 'fake' friends I had were invisible ones.
I used to sing in the shower.
And whenever I swallowed a fruit seed I was scared to death that a tree was going to grow in my tummy.
Remember when we were kids and couldn't wait to grow up... what in the world were we thinking?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Was Younger by Lylo Benant )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Raise Him, Elia Michael
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns