(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
You Are The Pain and The Joy
You are the Pain and the joy
on the stage of life.
You are the pain hunger and the joy
of food on ones table.
You are the pain of the homeless,
and the joy, of the home,
in His heart.
You are the pain on a bitter,
winter day and the joy, in
the warmth of the sun.
You are the pain and joy, in the
solitude, of those moments alone.
You are the pain and joy, that
lingers in ones heart.
You are the pain in music that is bad,
and you are the joy, in my song
You are the pain, in the tragedies
of the world, and the joy in the
goodness of people.
You are the pain of the orphans of
the street, and the joy, in a
You are the pain, in a sometime unjust
world, and the joy in the spirit
of ones heart.
You are the pain, in the loss of
loved ones, and the joy, when they
are seated at His table.
You are the pain of self destructive
addiction and the joy in redemption.
You are the pain, in the sicknesses of
this world, and the joy in the
hope of recovery.
You are the pain in the misery of the poor,
and disenfranchise, and the joy, in
the parts of society, that attempts to,
raise them up.
You are the pain and you are the joy,
in all things. For you see, in life, there
can not be joy...unless there is pain.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Are The Pain and The Joy by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
- Invective: The Hate Of Treason, Nicholas Breton
- Goodbye Elias, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)