(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
You Are The Pain (part 2)
You Are The Pain and
You Are The Joy (part 2)
You are the Pain and the joy,
on the stage of life.
You are the pain, when your are distant
from me and you are the joy in my
memories of you.
You are the pain, when your touch, I
can not feel and you are the joy,
as I hold you near.
You are the pain, when tears you
have caused, and you are the joy, for the
laughter in my life.
You are the pain, when indifference enters
our life and you are the joy, when you
place me before others.
You are the pain, when you busy life, has
little time for me and you are the joy,
when there is just us.
You are the pain, as you seek that which
glitters in life and you are the joy,
as you are immersed, in the makings of God.
You are the pain, when angered and abrupt
and you are the joy when seeking
to make amends.
You are the pain, when anger is your
roadblock to reason and you are the
joy, when you step back and seek
You are the pain, in you compulsives and singleness
of purpose, to be successful...and you are
a joy, when you blanket those you
care for, with love.
You are the pain, when impatience leads you down
an uncertain path and you are the joy, as you
carefully plot a pragmatic course.
You are the pain, when you listen...but
do not hear and you the joy, when
patient and understanding.
You are the pain, when other matters,
substitute our love, and you are the joy,
when we are fused together as one.
You the a pain, in our spirited
disagreements, and you are
the joy, as you say, I love you.
The lesson we know well, that in
this life, there is no joy, unless
there is pain.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Are The Pain (part 2) by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Unspoiled Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Surrender The Anguish, lingering stupor
- New Year 2015, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Serenity Of Air, lingering stupor
- Lovely flow, hasmukh amathalal
- 'A Peaceful New Year', Sossi Khachadourian
- Run Silent Run Deep, lingering stupor
- The Betrayal, Ahmad Husain
- A New Year, Electric Lady
- Antique., RAJ VIKRAM