Children Poems - Poems For Children
Poems about children. You can read the best children poems. Browse through all children poems.
Children - Poem by Khalil Gibran
And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, 'Speak to us of Children.'
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
Comments about Children by Khalil Gibran
Poems About Children
- 1. Children , Khalil Gibran
- 2. A Farewell , Charles Kingsley
- 3. Unknown Girl In A Maternity Ward , Anne Sexton
- 4. A Poet To His Baby Son , James Weldon Johnson
- 5. Casabianca , Felicia Dorothea Hemans
- 6. Only Child , Dennis Nurkse
- 7. Whatever Brawls Disturb The Street , Isaac Watts
- 8. Love Between Brothers And Sisters , Isaac Watts
- 9. A Child Asleep , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 10. The Children's Hour , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 11. We Are Seven , William Wordsworth
- 12. Childhood Is The Kingdom Where Nobody Dies , Edna St. Vincent Millay
- 13. Childhood , Henry Vaughan
- 14. My Shadow , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 15. Let Dogs Delight To Bark And Bite , Isaac Watts
- 16. How The Leaves Came Down , Sarah Chauncey Woolsey
- 17. Wee Willie Winkie , William Miller
- 18. A Prayer For My Son , William Butler Yeats
- 19. A Prayer For My Daughter , William Butler Yeats
- 20. Sweet And Low , Alfred Lord Tennyson
- 21. A Good Boy , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 22. Whole Duty Of Children , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 23. Father William , Lewis Carroll
- 24. The Village Blacksmith , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 25. Home Again, Home Again , Marilyn Taylor
- 26. Testament , Carolyn Rodgers
- 27. July 4, 1974 , June Jordan
- 28. Against Writing About Children , Erin Belieu
- 29. A Child's Garden Of Verses , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 30. Last Word To Childhood , Arthur Seymour John Tessimond
- 31. Two Children , Spike Milligan
- 32. A Happy Childhood , William Matthews
- 33. A Child Is , Helena Sinervo
- 34. On The Death Of Friends In Childhood , Donald Justice
- 35. Second Childhood , Robert William Service
- 36. Second Childhood , Robert William Service
- 37. In Childhood , Kimiko Hahn
- 38. My Son The Man , Sharon Olds
- 39. A Note On My Son's Face , Toi Derricotte
- 40. Dead Butterfly , Ellen Bass
- 41. The Leaf Pile , Alicia Suskin Ostriker
- 42. My Daughter At The Gymnastics Party , David Bottoms
- 43. Heart's Needle , William De Witt Snodgrass
- 44. I Leave Her Weeping , Liz Rosenberg
- 45. Clinical Thermometer Set With Moonstone , Alice Notley
- 46. Scallop Song , Anne Waldman
- 47. Food , Brenda Hillman
New Children Poems
- Money, Reginald Gibbons
- Monoku- -175(Children), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Father Abraham (1), Sunday Igwebuike
- German Children, Jewish Children, Joseph Svircovsky
- Children's Day___A Group Picture, Chan Mongol
- Mother & The Artist., Nikhil Parekh
- Atleast Don't Do That Sin, Nikhil Parekh
- Children Are Like God., Nikhil Parekh
- Had All Your So-Called Manliness Died?, Nikhil Parekh
- If The Climate Invites Crime, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- carpe diem