House Poems - Poems For House
Poems about house. You can read the best house poems. Browse through all house poems.
Verses Upon The Burning Of Our House, July 18th, 1666 - Poem by Anne Bradstreet
In silent night when rest I took,
For sorrow near I did not look,
I waken'd was with thund'ring noise
And piteous shrieks of dreadful voice.
That fearful sound of 'fire' and 'fire,'
Let no man know is my Desire.
I starting up, the light did spy,
And to my God my heart did cry
To straighten me in my Distress
And not to leave me succourless.
Then coming out, behold a space
The flame consume my dwelling place.
And when I could no longer look,
I blest his grace that gave and took,
That laid my goods now in the dust.
Yea, so it was, and so 'twas just.
It was his own; it was not mine.
Far be it that I should repine,
He might of all justly bereft
But yet sufficient for us left.
When by the Ruins oft I past
My sorrowing eyes aside did cast
And here and there the places spy
Where oft I sate and long did lie.
Here stood that Trunk, and there that chest,
There lay that store I counted best,
My pleasant things in ashes lie
And them behold no more shall I.
Under the roof no guest shall sit,
Nor at thy Table eat a bit.
No pleasant talk shall 'ere be told
Nor things recounted done of old.
No Candle 'ere shall shine in Thee,
Nor bridegroom's voice ere heard shall bee.
In silence ever shalt thou lie.
Adieu, Adieu, All's Vanity.
Then straight I 'gin my heart to chide:
And did thy wealth on earth abide,
Didst fix thy hope on mouldring dust,
The arm of flesh didst make thy trust?
Raise up thy thoughts above the sky
That dunghill mists away may fly.
Thou hast a house on high erect
Fram'd by that mighty Architect,
With glory richly furnished
Stands permanent, though this be fled.
It's purchased and paid for too
By him who hath enough to do.
A price so vast as is unknown,
Yet by his gift is made thine own.
There's wealth enough; I need no more.
Farewell, my pelf; farewell, my store.
The world no longer let me love;
My hope and Treasure lies above.
Comments about Verses Upon The Burning Of Our House, July 18th, 1666 by Anne Bradstreet
Poems About House
- 1. Verses Upon The Burning Of Our House, Ju.. , Anne Bradstreet
- 2. The House Of Clouds , Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- 3. The House Of Fame , Geoffrey Chaucer
- 4. On A Ruined House In A Romantic Country , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5. The Bustle In A House , Emily Dickinson
- 6. There's Been A Death In The Opposite House , Emily Dickinson
- 7. A Prayer On Going Into My House , William Butler Yeats
- 8. Upon A House Shaken By The Land Agitation , William Butler Yeats
- 9. The Triumphs Of Philamore And Amoret. To.. , Richard Lovelace
- 10. Deaf House Agent , Katherine Mansfield
- 11. Upon Appleton House, To My Lord Fairfax , Andrew Marvell
- 12. The City Dead-House , Walt Whitman
- 13. To The Genius Of His House , Robert Herrick
- 14. A Thanksgiving To God, For His House , Robert Herrick
- 15. The New House , Edward Thomas
- 16. The Haunted House , Thomas Hood
- 17. The Apartment House , Joyce Kilmer
- 18. The House With Nobody In It , Joyce Kilmer
- 19. Written With A Pencil Upon A Stone In Th.. , William Wordsworth
- 20. The Bustle In A House , Emily Dickinson
- 21. The Ballad Of Fisher's Boarding-House , Rudyard Kipling
- 22. The Golden House , Angela Henderson
- 23. They Are Tearing Down My Grandfather's H.. , David A. Webb
- 24. A Woman In The White House , Debbie Stoeckel
- 25. This House , Edna Howard White
- 26. The Old Buckley House (Built In 1879) , Emelia L. Bave
- 27. Purple House , Harold C. Schoessel
- 28. I Love My Old House , Harold James Douglas
- 29. Owl House Blues , Hugh Wallace
- 30. My Favourite House , Joan Sacre
New House Poems
- The House Of The Angel Is The House Of F.., Raymond Sawyer
- The House Of The Angel Is The House In T.., Raymond Sawyer
- The House Of The Angel Is The Angel Of T.., Raymond Sawyer
- Monoku-119 (Friendship- 4), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku-105 ( A Mystery Novel), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Monoku-98 (Sky-House), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- Dilemma Of Love, Praveen Kumar (celestial glow)
- The Mountain Of Respect Is The House Of .., Raymond Sawyer
- The Stairs To The House Of Respect Is Th.., Raymond Sawyer
- Dear Daddy, Nikhil Parekh
- carpe diem