Ralph Burns Poems
- Fishing In Winter A man staring at a small lake sees His ...
- In The Bathroom Mirror He continues to ponder And his wife ...
- Stella Flap, flap went the mind of the bird Who flew out of ...
- And Leave Show Business? This elephant keeper shoved a hose ...
- Barbed Wire Two or more strands twisted together, Oxides and...
- A Boat Is A Lever After my student went to the doctor ...
- Ghost Notes (An Excerpt) I.Call and Response 1
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ralph Burns
Fishing In Winter
A man staring at a small lake sees
His father cast light line out over
The willows.He's forgotten his
Father has been dead for two years
And the lake is where a blue fog
Rolls, and the sky could be, if it
Were black or blue or white,
The backdrop of all attention.
He wades out to join the father,
Following where the good strikes
Seem to lead.It's cold.The shape
Breath takes on a cold day is like
Anything else--a rise on a small lake,
The Oklahoma hills, blue scrub--
A shape already inside a shape,
Two songs, two breaths on the water.