Robert Graves Jr
Robert Graves Jr Poems
- Hunting Party He turned away from his lifeless prey- It had ...
- Hot Enchilada I spied her, hot and spicy, And wondered of ...
- Snapshot Life happens so quickly, it seems, That what was ...
- Dark Man Celebrating my 60th year, Amidst the balloons and ...
- Fallen Angels Cloistered inside these walls, They were here...
- A Tear For Tim Treadwell Clutching his teddy bear, He ...
- I And Poetry Rhythm, rhyme and me, Mystic trinity- Words ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Graves Jr
He turned away from his lifeless prey-
It had been so different last night,
Vital, animated, her scent
Stirring his primal sap.
Now she lay silent, obscene.
Repulsed, he descended to the kitchen,
Received his roommates' greetings.
Forced grin answered knowing smiles.
Later, alone, after taking her home,
He recalled another hunting party
And his father's words:
'Killing for killing's sake is a sin against God.'