Shafiqul Islam Poems
- I Am Suffering From Insomnia I am suffering from ...
- Unbearable Unbearable Who will you talk to?
- About A Bird: About a Bird: When at melancholy noon all...
- United Nations United Nations Working day and night you ...
- Victory Will Be Surely Theirs Victory will be surely ...
- O Cool Breeze Blowing From The...
- Palestine In My Heart Palestine in my heart Will the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Shafiqul Islam
I Am Suffering From Insomnia
I am suffering from insomnia
I spend sleepless nights.
The cry of a newborn baby,
abandoned in Ramna Park,
renders Sukantu’s declaration a lie.
Sitting on the sidewalk, under the shade of a banyan tree,
near the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
who is she, begging with pale sad eyes?
A tired hungry child cries,
his hands clutching her shoulders.
As I look at her why does the face
of an Afghan boy, his face torn
by cluster bomb, rise before my eyes?
Why do I see the faces of young people,