Sir Charles GD Roberts
Sir Charles GD Roberts Poems
- The Iceberg I was spawned from the glacier, A thousand miles...
- The Skater My glad feet shod with the glittering steel I ...
- The Solitary Woodsman When the grey lake-water rushes Past ...
- In An Old Barn Tons upon tons the brown-green fragrant hay ...
- The Autumn Thistles The morning sky is white with mist, the ...
- Canada O Child of Nations, giant-limbed, Who stand'st among ...
- Canadian Streams O rivers rolling to the sea From lands that...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sir Charles GD Roberts
I was spawned from the glacier,
A thousand miles due north
Beyond Cape Chidley;
And the spawning,
When my vast, wallowing bulk went under,
Emerged and heaved aloft,
Shaking down cataracts from its rocking sides,
With mountainous surge and thunder
Outraged the silence of the Arctic sea.
Before I was thrust forth
A thousand years I crept,
Crawling, crawling, crawling irresistibly,
Hid in the blue womb of the eternal ice,
While under me the tortured rock
And over me the immeasurable desolation slept.
Under the pallid dawning