Sohrab Sepehri Poems
- The Way To The Orchard Keep calling me! Sweet is your ...
- Water Let's not soil the water: Perhaps a pigeon is ...
- Friend She was great And belonged to the present time And ...
- Oasis In A Moment If you are coming to me, I am beyond ...
- The Flow Of Water When knowledge Still nestled by springs, ...
- Near A Distant Realm There was a woman at the door Standing ...
- Morning Glory Past the border of my dream The shadow of a ...
Sohrab Sepehri was born in Kashan on October 7,1928; a very talented artist and a gifted poet, Sepehri shot to stardom with the publication of The Water’s Footfall which was subsequently followed by The Traveler and The Green Volume. Sepehri died of blood cancer in Tehran in 1980.
Sepehri is so popular with the Iranians that he is usually known by his first name ‘Sohrab’ as if he is a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sohrab Sepehri
The Way To The Orchard
Keep calling me!
Sweet is your voice.
It is the green
Growing beyond the companionship of sorrow.
In the scopes of this silent era
I am lonelier than a song issuing
from the lane of perception.
Come, let me tell you about my infinite loneliness.
It could never have foreseen this incursion of your shape.
Such is the nature of love.
There is nobody about.
Let us steal a slice of life, then
Divide it in two parts.
Let us understand something from the condition of a stone,
And perceive more readily.
Look, the clock-hands of the ...