Somanathan Iyer Poems
- Power Of Money On one day early morning when darkness making...
- The Wind Oh! Wind! Where from you originate? From high ...
- Nature And Future Wonder is the nature tender is its ...
- The River That Is No More Decades three and half gone ...
- Remedy For Rapes A new shame descended on our country known ...
- Mystery Of Life Merits of light better understood If one ...
- Illusion All that wither are ripe and old All that bloom are...
I have a fascination for poetry both in English and Telugu. I wrote a few in both these languages till now. I salute all the good poets and the stuff they have created for us to read and enjoy. I solicit the support of one and all through their encouragement. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Somanathan Iyer
Power Of Money
On one day early morning
when darkness making lazy exit
walking there on the roads
hand in hand an aged couple
among themselves charting plans
in finding sources for raising funds
to meet the needs of daughter's marriage
from behind knocks them down
a speeding car exceeding limits
another turn took the killer car
racing through a road in slum
finds pleasure in running over
three sleeping boys before their hut
all in their teens and daily wagers
before halting at its palatial bungalow
the same car hits a woman cleaning the road
tossing her to ...