Somanathan Iyer Poems
- The Shy Moon The moon was bright on the waves of ...
- Anger An act of ill deed is a pain for ever makes hardly any...
- Life Line water is the lifeline for everything that has ...
- Sun And Summer For hundred days every year up above in the ...
- Money Power In the annals of human history Money is the ...
- Remedy For Rapes A new shame descended on our country known ...
- Mystery Of Life Merits of light better understood If one ...
I have a fascination for poetry both in English and Telugu. I wrote a few in both these languages till now. I salute all the good poets and the stuff they have created for us to read and enjoy. I solicit the support of one and all through their encouragement. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Somanathan Iyer
The Shy Moon
The moon was bright
on the waves of clouds
here and there all along the sky
stars were playing hide and seek
scent of flowers renting the air
the entire garden looked like movie set
looking at the moon standing I all alone
neared me you in a noiseless walk
what a beauty! quipped I at serene moon
glanced me you after staring the moon
flawed is the moon with a blackened spot
your face is flawless glitter in radiance
whispered you causing ripples in my heart
on hearing you slipped the shy moon
behind clouds only to peep out after a gap