Stewart Bartlam Poems
- To A Spider In The Bath Tiny spider in the bath. So palpable...
- A Leonard Cohen Song I was just listening; listening to a ...
- Cricket At Adlestrop Yes, I remember the result. It was the ...
- Middle-Age Spread I ignored what was said by all; but pride...
- Workday Blues A workday morning. Alarm clock wakes the man,...
- The Curious Case Of The Missin... It's just a cliche, a ...
- The Wrong Side Invisible barriers are broken. Nemesis ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Stewart Bartlam
To A Spider In The Bath
Tiny spider in the bath.
So palpable your terror,
so visible your despair.
Do not worry, for your fate
is entrusted to my tender care.
All that torment, that frustration,
is now to end in your salvation.
For you I shall succour,
you I shall save,
you I shall spare
from a watery grave.
But, let us be honest,
let us be clear.
If you were larger,
so great were my fear,
trembling, in panic,
one frantic lunge
would, to my shame,
your brief life expunge!