The First Shrike
The First Shrike Poems
- Unkind Words Unkind Words Meant not for her no ...
- Queen Of Pain Cry To Me Please of you
- A Second Chance From 'God' The child I cried when from the ...
- Whispering Well A special place that none may find ...
- I Did Not Write This People come into your life for a ...
- Beyond Apathetic I fear not the dark it has always been...
- S. D. M. S. D. M. God knew our hearts
If You Only Knew (seperates he from me) The Shrike appears in all of the Hyperion books and is something of an enigma; its true purpose isn't 'revealed' until the second book, but even then it is left a malleable purpose. In fact, this explanation is changed significantly in the latter two books (The Endymion duology) . The Shrike appears to act both autonomously and as a servant of some unknown force or entity, and in the first two Hyperion books, exists solely in the area around the Time Tombs on the planet Hyperion. In the latter two, it is effectively unfettered.
 Physical Description
The Shrike stands roughly three meters in height and is described as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about The First Shrike
Meant not for her
no understanding than
to say most unstable
With holding from her husband
thinking me overly intelligent
Terrible actions such lack
of for sight did cause us
Things would differently be done
if this knowledge I could
She thought I hated her
when to the extrema side
to that word never heard
Now she does hate me
for such doings
such hate I have never seen
except in the movies sociopath
To mend such a thing
a scar on my heart ...