The First Shrike
The First Shrike Poems
- Whispering Well A special place that none may find ...
- I Did Not Write This People come into your life for a ...
- Am I Sight blinded aura thought wait sit and drown
- Unkind Words Unkind Words Meant not for her no ...
- Dreams where would any be the lofty the low without a ...
- Butterfly Dreams The dreams of my heart my mind doth ...
If You Only Knew (seperates he from me) The Shrike appears in all of the Hyperion books and is something of an enigma; its true purpose isn't 'revealed' until the second book, but even then it is left a malleable purpose. In fact, this explanation is changed significantly in the latter two books (The Endymion duology) . The Shrike appears to act both autonomously and as a servant of some unknown force or entity, and in the first two Hyperion books, exists solely in the area around the Time Tombs on the planet Hyperion. In the latter two, it is effectively unfettered.
 Physical Description
The Shrike stands roughly three meters in height and is described as ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about The First Shrike
I Did Not Write This
People come into your life for a reason
a season or a lifetime
When you know which one it is
you will know what to do for that
When someone is in your life for a
it is usually to meet
a need you have
They have come to assist you through
a difficulty to provide you
with guidance and support
to aid you physically
They may seem like a
godsend and they are
They are there for the reason
you need them to be
Then without any wrongdoing
on your part or at an ...