Tolu Akinwole Poems
- To My Friend The Artist Madness - How you hate that word! ...
- Blocked my caged bird's flown away; it's gone away with the...
- The Dead Celebrates His Death The finest cemetery in ...
- I Don'T Know What will it take the monkey to denounce its ...
- They Come Back Just In Time The early morning bird never ...
- A Vision Like a sudden appearance of death, The image ...
I strongly believe that the world can be comfortable to live in if youths channel their strengths towards the right ends. To me, the world is not so small we must all compete to live in it, but rather too big for all of us to occupy. My dream is to live in a world of youths who have a passion for excellence and an unquenchable thirst for God.
As a Christian, I pray that all of us come ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tolu Akinwole
To My Friend The Artist
How you hate that word!
But are we not mad -
Mad like the he-goat
That slept with his mother?
You are mad,
I am mad,
We are all mad -
Mad like that farmer
That stole another's sweat.
But we needn't deny it,
God knows we are mad
Both of us, yes, we are;
Our instruments make us so.
And don't we build worlds with them?
Mad we are and let's be mad;
It's excellent just to be mad -
Not like the farmer, nor like the he-goat,
But like the sharp teeth that bites the tongue.