Tom Courtney Poems
- Star Child Star child so far away alone standing on the ...
- Best Way To Keep A Secret Is T...
- Petals And so after gaining all the world we shall lose ...
- All My Poetry My poetry sets me back into my ...
- And You Think You Know What Po... And you think ...
- And The Rain and the rain came sprinkled on my window ...
- Call In The Night Call in the night when the sun is a ...
Tom’s poems 'Petals' and 'A Place for Me' were featured poems of the month at Poetry Deep by Ecaria on the website http: //www.geocities.com/ecaria/poetry/fp-aug02.html. His poem “Unless” was published in an anthology of writings “The Black Whole” by Down in the Country Press. See http: //press.downinthecountry.com/theblackwhole.html. It is available at Amazon and other major booksellers. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tom Courtney
so far away alone
standing on the edge of the universe
You can't be reached
You can't be played
You can’t be preached
You've traveled so far
You are the only one
The earth lies in wait
your virgin touch
your imagination and faith to burst forth
Soon you will emerge
from the cocoon of your pain
Alone inside, you will find the way
if you can
And you can
only if you will
My prayer is not for you
though I love you
My prayer is for
the idea of you
who you alone were meant to be