valerie Hartland Poems
- You Didn'T Understand Me If invited to read a poem be ...
- Dates I went to the market today fruit is so cheap..yet such...
- Legalities You dumped me so very legally firmly closed the ...
- The Verse Of Experience Why is it that writing verse Comes ...
- The Changeling Some say I have changed that I seem to ...
- Parallel Lives You're not that little girl I cared for ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about valerie Hartland
You Didn'T Understand Me
If invited to read a poem be sure
Read, read, read again
Take in each line before reading more
and before you comment, have your say
before you claim to understand
perhaps say too lightly 'your poem is nice'
Not understanding can have a price
Read, read, read again....
Be sure you see between the lines
the words of joy or pain
Read, read, read again take care,
its hard to understand another's times
unless you have been there
Verse the hearts verbal expression, gives it voice
To glance or look deeper you have the choice
Read, read, read ...