Zoe Guillory Poems
- Songs Of September The leaves faded to orange. Dappled light...
- The Backwards Boy In The Backw...
- Ribbons So I was left along, waking from a forced sleep, ...
- Along Came A Spider Three small children played under the ...
- Where I'M From I am from paintbrushes, spilled out ...
- Little Lost Boy A puppy- smaller than a man's palm- ...
- Death Though the world just beyond the darkness in which ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Zoe Guillory
Songs Of September
The leaves faded to orange.
Dappled light at sunset; a spiritual balance.
The fire of Death as is licks up the green.
Faded to orange and fell like hanged men.
And dried to brown.
Fresh earth; the bark of their mothers.
The poverty of the cities of filth.
Dried to brown and crushed like insects.
The trees were left alone.
As the squirrels scurry.
Scurry to gather their life's work
and survive through the soft snow
and the cold hard ground.
The silent crunches of dried leaves;
Death sets beneath the weight of the wind.
The heat of love had ...