Adeem Hashmi or Adeem Haschmi (Urdu: عدیم ہاشمی) or Adeem Fasihuddin Hashmi (Real name Fasih Ud Din) was a famous Urdu poet. arguably the finest ever works of Urdu ghazal are attributed to his name.
He was born in Faisalabad, Pakistan in August 01, 1946 but lived most of his life between Pakistan, and America where he died. He started his journey of writing in Lahore, Pakistan. Arguably the finest poet of his time Adeem was the most controversial writer in Urdu poetry in the 70's and 90's.
He rose to instant fame in the community with his poems 'Kat hi Gaye Judaie bhi' and ‘Faasle Aise Bhi Honge’ in the late 60's. This came at a time when ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Kyun udaas hain shajar, aye Adeem Hashmi...
- I know we sometimes argue
- Jab Bayaan Karo Ge Tum Hum Bayaan Main N...
- Rakht-E-Safar Yunhi To Na Bekaar Le Chal...
- Ager Poocha Ke Mujh Se Kaam Kia Hai
- Kat Hi Gai Judai Bhi Kab
- Khaak Per Jab Bikher Gaye Aansu
- Shor sa aik, her aik simat bapa lagta ha...
- Ker Ke Wafa Palat Ke Wafa Mangnay Laga
- Darya Se Koh'saar Se Pehle Ki Baat Hai
- Isay Paana Tha Uss Ko Khona Tha
- Koi Pathar Koi Gohar Kion Hai
- Pehle To Dil Wafa Se Bhi Agay Nikal Gaya
- Karvaan Badlo Zara Mehmil Badal Ker Dekh...
Comments about Adeem Hashmi
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)