Andrew Hinton Poems
- Music Why does music move the soul, And temporarily make us...
- Firelight I see fire, burning my hills, My desire, and ...
- A Flickering Flame The flickering flame slowly begins to die,...
- The Fluorescent Sky's Glow Here below the fluorescent sky's ...
- I Want To Say I Do I don't want to love you because of your ...
- One Sentence I remember all the times I've tried to weep, ...
- A Dream Loneliness is an ally I'd rather keep, Even if in ...
I was born in Massachusetts, but raised in New Hampshire, the homeland of Robert Frost. I grew up not knowing much about poetry until I read some of his work. Since then I have been inspired to try and write poems of equal quality.
I enjoy writing poetry mostly as a means to communicate to others what I am feeling. Some poems I do write only for myself, but the majority I write for people I ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Why does music move the soul,
And temporarily make us whole?
What is it about the vibration of air,
That draws us from darkness’ lair?
How does it bolster our being,
And keep our time from fleeing?
I think these questions though,
Are misdirected very so.
It is not why, or what, or how too,
Because music is not a thing, but a who.
She’ll take your hand and dance,
Opening your heart to sweet romance.
If your crushed she’ll take your hand,
And give you strength to stand.
Music is a gift from God,
Gentle guiding and healing of His rod.