Why does music move the soul,
And temporarily make us whole?
What is it about the vibration of air,
That draws us from darkness’ lair?
How does it bolster our being,
And keep our time from fleeing?
I think these questions though,
Are misdirected very so.
It is not why, or what, or how too,
Because music is not a thing, but a who.
She’ll take your hand and dance,
Opening your heart to sweet romance.
If your crushed she’ll take your hand,
And give you strength to stand.
Music is a gift from God,
Gentle guiding and healing of His rod.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music by Andrew Hinton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar