Why does music move the soul,
And temporarily make us whole?
What is it about the vibration of air,
That draws us from darkness’ lair?
How does it bolster our being,
And keep our time from fleeing?
I think these questions though,
Are misdirected very so.
It is not why, or what, or how too,
Because music is not a thing, but a who.
She’ll take your hand and dance,
Opening your heart to sweet romance.
If your crushed she’ll take your hand,
And give you strength to stand.
Music is a gift from God,
Gentle guiding and healing of His rod.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music by Andrew Hinton )
- Limerick-37, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ****~ARRANGED MARRIAGE~****, Amit Ray
- Jessica Simpson, Justin Reamer
- Midterms, Justin Reamer
- Thirteenth floor, Daisy Pereira
- Philosophy, Justin Reamer
- Eternal Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting On God, Tom Zart
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns