asma bahrainwala Poems
- A Sudden Storm The blinding light Of the brightest ever ...
- Desire I am a well. Confined by a wall; Restricted by a ...
- *** Soulful Ruminations Emotions, images, ideas Touch my ...
- ** (My First Attempt At Satire... A mighty nincompoop The ...
- Winds Of Change A solitary stunted bud In a barren ...
- Who Is A Friend? A friend is someone To call upon During ...
- Is Poet A Lunatic? “A poet is a lunatic— Beware! ” This is ...
A Star in this Vast Universe;
A Drop in these Vast Oceans;
A Blink in the Eye of Eternity;
This Is Me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Sudden Storm
The blinding light
Of the brightest ever sun
By a thick pall of impenetrable darkness.
A strange silence engulfs.
A sudden chill creeps in;
The wind begins to blow
Forming a dense screen of dust.
The wind gains momentum.
It sucks the dry leaves
Up towards the sky,
A greedy funnel forms;
The trees sashay to the rhythm.
The wind begins to howl.
A roaring thunder roars,
Alarms the mighty earth,
Rips it off its grave silence,
And shoves it into utter chaos.