Ata Khan Poems
- Z'Ma Mor (My Mother) It was a rainy day driving back ...
- Princess And The Stranger Deep, black eyes unfamiliar yet...
- Winter And Hope First snow atop the hill sends a chill to ...
- Peace The angel of death in shock and awe stands, perplexed
- A Dancing Peacock In pursuit of the rainbow A budding spirit...
I write to feel light
and to convey
in whatever I believe is right.
I will always raise my voice
before it fades out. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Z'Ma Mor (My Mother)
It was a rainy day
driving back home
the car steered me
Can i ever forget
how much you liked the rain?
The white wet marble of your grave
sparkled like your smile
Every falling drop
bounced to embrace me
I could feel you, and
how happy you were
but I could also hear you
say this very clearly
'Za Bachiya baraan de (Go my child, it's raining)
and you don't have an umbrella'
(Title and the verse translated are in Pashto language)