Barney Rooney Poems
- Faith Of Our Fathers Living St... Faith of our Fathers living...
- Whispered Sins In A Dark Wood ... They said that of course ...
- The Child's Been Radicalised They say the child's been ...
- I'Ll Buy Me A Burger I'll buy me a burger that's sweet and ...
- Liverpool's Renaissance There are strangers walking again on ...
- The Fruits Of Crime Warn your children not to eat or touch ...
- Cat Stevens So, the first cut is the deepest? but what of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Barney Rooney
Faith Of Our Fathers Living Still
Faith of our Fathers living still
in spite of dungeon fire and hoary
old pulpit tales at the mission
in spite of a church militant that forgot what
it was fighting for
old men in afternoon slumber
too easily lose the will to fight
when youthful zeal is tamed by time to the easier feel
that if let be to see god’s light most ills heal
why make a holy fuss
over the faithful queuing up to try
to squeeze their hefty haunches through the needle’s eye
or take their leisure with unbridled pleasure
surely a knowing forgiving god would just relax