Barney Rooney Poems
- The Child's Been Radicalised They say the child's been ...
- Whispered Sins In A Dark Wood ... They said that of course ...
- I'll Buy Me A Burger I'll buy me a burger that's sweet and ...
- Faith Of Our Fathers Living St... Faith of our Fathers living...
- The Fruits Of Crime Warn your children not to eat or touch ...
- The Humbling Of A Liverpool Ci... Good morning Bernard how ...
- Hush My Sweet Newborn Ssssh hush my sweet new born I have ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Barney Rooney
The Child's Been Radicalised
They say the child's been radicalised
impregnated before their very eyes
a neat incision implanted with precision
blind stitched the cleft between truth and lies
How else could someone so young know
that a fire for justice would grow
beyond the need for wisdom or restraint
beyond fear or doubt or calculation
beyond the calming voice of reason
beyond the thought of treason
beyond the care if common people bleed
to concede the claims to lead
of men who play at being small pack gods
inducting them to suffer for the cause
in the hellfire spat ...