Brian Bwesigye Poems
- Images My nails are dark with dirt And my face flooded with ...
- School In class I was at a tender age of two Growling ...
- Good Night, Good Morning The heavy clouds of rain covered the...
- My Rib I am part of you Indeed you are made of me And I am ...
- If It Were You If I had taken you on as my lover Brief me on...
- Lend A Hand Think about it this way People are killed every ...
- Gratitude Gratitude is not only the memory But the homage of...
Bwesigye studied Law and Human Rights from Makerere University and Central European University. He presently teaches at Makerere and Busoga universities besides running the Center for African Cultural Excellence which he founded. The poems that appear on this site were written before he made twenty years of age. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
My nails are dark with dirt
And my face flooded with sweat
You refuse to take the hand I offer in love
I shall therefore not join hands with you
For unclean hands make you uneasy
Though my heart is cleansed with love
You say that shall not matter friend
For those who have clean nails
Have clean hearts too
You claim that nobody shall prove
How clean my heart is
For I am rejected due to my nails
And so no one shall know
How my love can be sweet
For it is only in my heart that my secret of love is hidden