Brian Bwesigye Poems
- Good Night, Good Morning The heavy clouds of rain covered the...
- Images My nails are dark with dirt And my face flooded with ...
- School In class I was at a tender age of two Growling ...
- My Rib I am part of you Indeed you are made of me And I am ...
- If It Were You If I had taken you on as my lover Brief me on...
- Lend A Hand Think about it this way People are killed every ...
- Gratitude Gratitude is not only the memory But the homage of...
Bwesigye studied Law and Human Rights from Makerere University and Central European University. He presently teaches at Makerere and Busoga universities besides running the Center for African Cultural Excellence which he founded. The poems that appear on this site were written before he made twenty years of age. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Good Night, Good Morning
The heavy clouds of rain covered the sky
Like a carpet awaiting a feast
Each moment that ticked away
Uncovered a new line of darkness
For fear could not deny its presence
When the clouds swallowed it joyfully
The squirls of birds were the sounds of its innocent cry
Last night, I told it good night
But alas, Good morning would never come
While the clouds fled away
I knew it was gone forever and hopefully we’ll meet
By his throne of righteousness
There I shall say good morning
For good night will never come again.