Bulleh Shah Poems
- Look Into Yourself You have learnt so much And read a ...
- Bulla! I Know Not Who I Am Bulla! I know not who I am Nor ...
- Come My Love Come my love take care of me, I am in great ...
- You Alone Exist You alone exist; I do not, O Beloved! You ...
- Neither Hindu Nor Muslim Neither Hindu nor ...
- Enough Is Enough Enough is enough Talk to me with smile
- Going To Makkah Is Not The Ult... Going to Makkah is not ...
Bulleh Shah Qadiri Shatari, often referred to simply as Bulleh Shah (Punjabi: بلہے شاہ, ਬੁੱਲ੍ਹੇ ਸ਼ਾਹ, Hindi: बुल्ले शाह) whose real name was Abdullah Shah, was a Punjabi Sufi poet, a humanist and philosopher.
Bulleh Shah is believed to have been born in 1680, in the small village of Uch, Bahawalpur, Punjab, now in Pakistan.
When he was six months old, his parents relocated to Malakwal. There his father, Shah Muhammad Darwaish, was a preacher in the village mosque and a teacher. His father later got a job in Pandoke, about 50 miles southeast of Kasur. Bulleh Shah received his early schooling in Pandoke, and moved to Kasur for higher education. He ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Bulleh Shah
Look Into Yourself
You have learnt so much
And read a thousand books.
Have you ever read your Self?
You have gone to mosque and temple.
Have you ever visited your soul?
You are busy fighting Satan.
Have you ever fought your
You have reached into the skies,
But you have failed to reach
What's in your heart!