Charlotte Gunther Poems
- Are You Awake Yet? Are you awake yet — really awake? In ...
- Perspective Driving along the interstate into the setting ...
- Akron Baroque Akron Baroque Offers a ledge At eternity’s ...
- A Little Sunshine a little warm sunshine makes everything ...
- Even The Wind “Even the wind and the sea obey Him.” And I? ...
- Claustrophobia Sleeping in down close to the ground Is not...
- Suspends The Sun Suspends the sun above Earth’s rim Golden ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Charlotte Gunther
Are You Awake Yet?
Are you awake yet — really awake?
In your spirit, I mean.
Is there a light — do you see a light?
Perhaps over there, a gleam
Let your eyes be ope, there really is hope.
See over there, a beam.
Don’t look at dark things — phantom no-things
They’re not what they seem.
Be done with your nap — let your mind wrap
Around life and colorful dreams
Awaken your soul — get up from the hole
Where vacant misery screams