CHOUDHURI SUKUMAR Poems
- My Petty Greed People with petty greed ~ how much do they ...
- On This Day Of Gudi Padwa I could not reollect whether it ...
- Rice Boiler We sit around the simmering rice boiler Mother's...
- Rooma And after long many days, I met with Rooma, the girl ...
- Night-Table Whom do I bestow this chill, this full moon ...
- Thermisdom Who burns whom Fire doesn't realize Only the ...
- The Morning At one time the morning rays spill on the ...
HE enjoys an enviable reputation. Brimming over the geographic confines of Bengal as well as Vidarbha, his fame has now permeated throughout the Globe. We, the moulders of words who perpetuate deeper sensitivities through verbal expositions, pause for a moment whenever we find the glimpse of Maratha in the media or anywhere else and recollect, “That’s where our Sukumar ………. His susceptibilities are many. Among them, his love for literature is foremost. He may rightly be called the mainstay of the life force of the 80’s world of Bengali Poetry. Forsooth, the ever-reactionary transit of Bengali poetry had never known so much of virulent and dynamic probing into the abysmal threshold of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
My Petty Greed
People with petty greed ~ how much do they get
Not all people have big-sized greeds
We very ordinary
bunch of people with petty greed
Don't even have courage to feel big-sized greed
My petty greed has often been met
by petty donors
Twice or so I was saved
by the God on my shelf
After safe escape I gave a smirk
Indulged a bit in intellectual conceit Ah
Escaped narrowly honour is saved
Yet my petty greed was not quenched
Even now I make rounds to petty donors
Ah they too are small-time people
They too live within limits
How can they give ...