Daleen Enslinstrydom Poems
- The Hands Of A Farmer I have known those hands all of my ...
- Under The Shade Of The Big Old... Under the shade of ...
- What Happiness Means Happiness is so different to each and ...
- Am I My Brother’s Keeper? “Am I my brother’s keeper? ” Cain ...
- Mom, You Are More Than Just A ...
- Difficult To Understand When the sorrows of this world is ...
- Will Somebody Pleas Take Me? She sits on the porch early in ...
Daleen is the name that I want people to call me. I am happily married to the poet Gert Strydom and I am a mother, grandmother and people are important to me. I do love gardening, housekeeping and Jackie, my Jack-Russell crossbreed.
When I can find some time I do paint and at times I do write my thoughts to paper. I am a champion of equality among people and do believe that everyone ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Daleen Enslinstrydom
The Hands Of A Farmer
I have known those hands all of my life
and many times I have looked at those hands,
at big rough hands that worked the fields
and calluses in their palms tell a own story
and the fingers are big
and when they grab they hold on.
Those are very strong hands
but they are gentle when they touch the family.
Those hands sowed the wheat
and harvested the sheaves,
those hands planted maize
and brought home the first ripe corn.
Those hands brought life,
helped the cow that struggled during birth,
those hands carried the lambs
to a place of ...