Daleen Enslinstrydom Poems
- Under The Shade Of The Big Old... Under the shade of ...
- Am I My Brother’s Keeper? “Am I my brother’s keeper? ” Cain ...
- What Happiness Means Happiness is so different to each and ...
- The Hands Of A Farmer I have known those hands all of my ...
- Mom, You Are More Than Just A ...
- Difficult To Understand When the sorrows of this world is ...
- Will Somebody Pleas Take Me? She sits on the porch early in ...
Daleen is the name that I want people to call me. I am happily married to the poet Gert Strydom and I am a mother, grandmother and people are important to me. I do love gardening, housekeeping and Jackie, my Jack-Russell crossbreed.
When I can find some time I do paint and at times I do write my thoughts to paper. I am a champion of equality among people and do believe that everyone ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Daleen Enslinstrydom
Under The Shade Of The Big Old Oak Tree
Under the shade of the old oak tree Jafta sit
and his mind wanders back as he reflects on his life
while the sun sets in the west.
He is overcome with sorrow to braking point,
he knows his time is running out and that the sun
of his own life is also setting
and that there is no return.
Life was so much easier
when he was stile younger,
yesterday is gone
and it will never return.
His eyes are weary and he looks downhearted,
he does not even see his beloved grassland
and does wonder why life does have to hurt so much?
He gazes into ...