Daleen Enslinstrydom Poems
- The Hands Of A Farmer I have known those hands all of my ...
- Mom, You Are More Than Just A ...
- Unknown Life-Journey Joy and sadness goes hand in hand on ...
- Chocolates Obsession is not a word to describe my ...
- I Do Hate My Job and I have seen so much sorrow in these ...
- Under The Shade Of The Big Old... Under the shade of ...
- A Mother’s Work Is Never Done ... In the basin the old ...
Daleen is the name that I want people to call me. I am happily married to the poet Gert Strydom and I am a mother, grandmother and people are important to me. I do love gardening, housekeeping and Jackie, my Jack-Russell crossbreed.
When I can find some time I do paint and at times I do write my thoughts to paper. I am a champion of equality among people and do believe that everyone ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Hands Of A Farmer
I have known those hands all of my life
and many times I have looked at those hands,
at big rough hands that worked the fields
and calluses in their palms tell a own story
and the fingers are big
and when they grab they hold on.
Those are very strong hands
but they are gentle when they touch the family.
Those hands sowed the wheat
and harvested the sheaves,
those hands planted maize
and brought home the first ripe corn.
Those hands brought life,
helped the cow that struggled during birth,
those hands carried the lambs
to a place of ...