David Shoestring Poems
- The Night Before Christmas T’was the night before Christmas; ...
- Starry Gazey Pie How jolly it is still on Wembury beach To ...
- Life Of Cards In Life I’ve tried to play my card. I’ve ...
- I Just Farted In Marks & Spenc... I just farted in Marks & ...
- 'Old Money' - Handsworth Wood ... Handsworth Wood Road was ...
- 'New Money' - Englestead Close Englestede Close was much ...
- Power To The People? I call upon you, Dear Boy, To win the ...
In the poems and verses I try to input verbal rhythms and speech patterns, and to tell a story or make comments about current events, political topics and day to day happenings. Sometimes humorous; sometimes sarcastic; and sometimes slightly poignant and sad ……
Much of my early life was spent living in Handsworth, a suburb of Birmingham in the UK and have since lived in a variety of locations varying from the water’s edge to bleak moorland; from villages to riot-torn Handsworth. I’m a news-addict with a deep interest in politics, and for a time was the Political Cartoonist for a respected Regional Daily Newspaper.
Nowadays, being ‘of a certain age’ I enjoy travel ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about David Shoestring
The Night Before Christmas
T’was the night before Christmas;
A knock came to the door.
T’was a message from the Shoestring’s
To say they’d moved house once more.
Well! Santa set fire to his whiskas;
Uncle Holly threw a fit.
The Elves doubled up with laughter,
They didn’t care one bit.
You see, the presents had already been labelled,
The Sleigh was packed and set to go.
The Stars were lit
And the Clouds switched on
To ensure a good fall of snow.
Rudolph’s nose grew visibly paler.
The Reindeers stamped their hooves,
Making sparks fly from the ...