Denice Woods Poems
- Out Of The Ashes Tears in my eyes But there's no time for ...
- Freedom Sorrow in my soul, Deep like rivers and oceans, ...
- His He cared for me like no one else, He knew me ...
- To My Daughters You are destined for greatness, Yet you do ...
- When I Was Alone The wind whispers sweet nothings in my ear, ...
- Suffocating (Twisted Love Song... Lies wrap around ...
- Love Me You're so sweet that I can almost taste you.. Those ...
Poetry has been an outlet for her creativity since she was about 7 years old. She is the mother of three daughters. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Denice Woods
Out Of The Ashes
Tears in my eyes
But there's no time for rain.
My heart is like a window:
Nothing but pain.
Shattered and broken,
Just leave me with a token
Of what was
But never will be,
No matter how hard we've been hoping.
Life for me ain't no crystal stair,
Langston Hughes never lied,
But I no longer care.
I don't need the world's pity,
Life is not supposed to be fair.
I'm still torn,
It's all up in flames.
So I mourn.
Yet out of the ashes of the dead,
My strength is born.