Edith Sodergran Poems
- Love My soul was a light blue dress the color of the sky; I ...
- Luck Cat I have a luck cat in my arms, it spins threads of ...
- A Wish Of all our sunny world I wish only for a garden ...
- The Land That Is Not I long for the land that is not, For ...
- The Stars When night comes I stand on the steps and ...
- Hope I want to let go - so I don't give a damn about fine ...
- On Foot I Had To Cross The Sol... On foot I had to ...
Edith Irene Södergran (4 April 1892 – 24 June 1923) was a Swedish-speaking Finnish poet. She was one of the first modernists within Swedish-language literature and her influences came from French Symbolism, German expressionism and Russian futurism. At the age of 24 she released the first collection of poetry entitled Dikter ("Poems"). Södergran died at the age of 31, having contracted ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Edith Sodergran
My soul was a light blue dress the color of the sky;
I left it on a rock by the sea
and naked I came to you, looking like a woman.
And like a woman I sat at your table
and drank a toast in wine, inhaling the scent of
You found me beautiful, like something you saw in
I forgot everything, I forgot my childhood and my
I only knew that your caresses held me captive.
And smiling you held up a mirror and asked me
I saw that my shoulders were made of dust and
I saw that my beauty was sick and wished ...