Elizabeth Shield Poems
- Piano Player Piano player take my by the hand And tell me ...
- Speak your accent is like, cherry-caramel to my ears my ...
- Planning Ahead They say what we've accomplished now, is all...
- A Bike Ride Through The Countr... The grass flickers, as ...
- Burgundy burgundy, the color of wine and cashmere a noble ...
- Still Young You are azure, like the sky and, at one point, ...
- Wind In The Trees Wind in the trees Pollen in the air Water...
I am young. I believe in God, love, and human kindness. I am enraptured by nature and enamoured by culture. I am quiet. I am brave. I love secrets and the ticklish feeling that they give to my mind. I am fleet of foot, and sound of heart. I am privately dramatic and outwardly eclectic. I have traveled the world. I am a writer. I relish sleep and cherish dreams. I am a scientist. I am a Christian. ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Elizabeth Shield
Piano player take my by the hand
And tell me how galaxies revolve
With starry arms and nebulous fingers
Etched in your mind
Piano player play for me
The music of the planets turning
And songs of solar flares
With cosmic voices between each ivory key
Play just for me
And tell me about Einstein and his laws
Whom you admire
Speak of gravity and magnetism
Hold me in the palms of your hands
Tell me of beginnings and of ends
Piano player bring me to gentle tears
When raw emotion flows
And your eyes close
Strong fingers telling tales of glorious ...