Ellen Shaw Poems
- I Am But A Mixed Raced Child What do I know? I am but a ...
- Calling Me To The Desert In the desert sand lifts And ...
- Squatters The letters on the doormat glowed blue in the ...
- No Ordinary Day Flown away and made this no ordinary day a ...
- Flying Over Sand Dunes You broke my heart the moment I saw ...
- Water Today I knocked on water to see if she would let me ...
- Leave Completely If you are going to leave ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ellen Shaw
I Am But A Mixed Raced Child
What do I know?
I am but a mixed raced child
They say I must be confused
Mustn't know who
They say I have wild ideas
Believing I can be black and white
At the same time
Never, they say can it be both day and night
They call me coconut
Say that my skin is the colour of Jamaica's mud
But inside I am white
That I think I am better than them
With all of my airs and graces
How can I be both?
When one half of me
Enslaved the other
They say I don't know my history
That my mother land
Covered my father land in tears
They say I am...