Howard Leek Poems
- The Beauty Of The Working Clas... They say you've got a pool of...
- Wanderings Of Life You’re like the four seasons, Changing ...
- One Year On A year has gone by, Although it feels like so ...
- In The Shade Of A Tree Wind rustles the grass as it idles ...
- Thoughts A room full of people, I wonder what's being ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Beauty Of The Working Class
They say you've got a pool of knowledge
Available to you at college
But I'm no good at swimming
And I don't see a lifeguard coming
Or maybe I'm just not looking
But I think I'll keep my blinkers on and keep moaning
That way there is no change
And the same old 'system' keeps turning
That allows a politician to keep 'working'
And an excuse for why there is still poverty
What if the tables were turned
And you were in a position of authority
Would you hold the same views now stood in different shoes?
Or sit back idle with your luck